Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Streusal-Topped Rhubarb Lime Tart

Tuesdays with Dorie
Baking Chez Moi

I voted for this tart as we loved Dorie's rhubarb cake we made two years ago. Dorie's crust and streusal topping are really the star of this dish. My husband likes to joke that you could put cardboard between the two and it would taste good. This was a different kind of tart as it had a custard filling. Everyone liked it and thought it was good, some even had two pieces. I served mine with sugared strawberries which everyone liked. The consensus was that we preferred Dorie's Rhubarb Upside-Down Brown Sugar Cake over this tart. What did you think?
Streusal-Topped Rhubarb Lime Tart on page 160.

5 comments:

  1. That is good to know. I love lime and I love rhubarb but according to this plebian house hold they dont belong together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually preferred this over the cake but I wouldn't turn a piece of that down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I preferred the tart (with meringue topping) over Dorie's cake; much as I liked the cake, I think this is the best rhubarb tart/pie I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth be told I can't remember the cake! I enjoyed this tart though, and yours looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tart looks great. I have to admit that I liked this way better than the cake, although that was good too.

    ReplyDelete